Vanilla now offers forum embedding as a core feature. If you’ve already embedded your forum using the <Embed> Vanilla plugin, here is how you can upgrade to the new version:
- Copy the “Remote Url” field from your embed vanilla settings screen located in your forum’s dashboard under “Addons” > “<Embed> Vanilla”. NOTE: You only need to complete this step if there is a remote url defined!
- Disable the <Embed> Vanilla plugin by going to “Dashboard” > “Addons” > “Browse Addons” > “Enabled Plugins” and clicking “Disable” under <Embed> Vanilla.
- Enable the new embedding feature by going to “Dashboard” > “Forum Settings” > “Embed Forum” and clicking “Enable Embedding”.
- Click on the “Advanced” tab, and paste the value you copied from “Remote Url” in step 1 into the “Remote Url” field. Choose the forced embedding options under this field to your preference. Click Save.
- If you are using WordPress, download the latest version (1.1.4) of the Vanilla Forums Plugin for WordPress and install it on your WordPress blog.
- If you are not using WordPress, click “Forum Embedding” at the top of the page, and click the “Universal Code” tab. Copy and paste the universal code into the web page where you want the forum to appear.