This is a message for anyone who would like to help keep the translations of Vanilla up-to-date.
We’ve uploaded Vanilla’s translations to an online service called Transifex. We think this tool will really improve the translation workflow in Vanilla. Here is how it works:
- The Vanilla team uploads the text used in Vanilla to transifex. There are two resources: core for the main site translations and dash for the dashboard.
- You need to go to the registration page and sign up for a free account.
- Once you have an account join the translation team(s) for the languages you know. We’ll need to approve your request.
- Once you are on a team you can get to translating. You can also approve translations that others have done.
- We’ll poll the project for translations and create locales for our addons repository. We’re hoping to automate this process so that the translations will be as up to date as possible.
As you can see from the image below, Vanilla has a lot of text and the locales on the site are really in need of updating. We’re hoping the international community can help out.
What if I’ve made a locale and it’s not on transifex?
Just let us know where the locale is and we’ll get it up there.
I want to translate Vanilla into a language that isn’t listed on transifex?
You can request that the language be added on transifex and we’ll approve it.
I’m a hosted Vanilla customer. How do I apply a locale?
Please submit a request to customer support. We’re in the process of making this self-serve and hope to have it ready soon.
This post also appears in the community at http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20639/attention-translators-you-can-now-help-translate-vanilla-online