Heard about the Heartbleed vulnerability? Your hosted Vanilla Forum was not effected by it, so rest easy.
Service Status - Check out the Status Dashboard for service availability information.

Facebook connect failure

MKingeryMKingery Member
edited January 2012 in Questions
starting yesterday or today we've been having issues with users signing in or creating accounts using Facebook connect. When you click on it the following comes up:

{
"error": {
"message": "Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.",
"type": "OAuthException"
}
}

Thoughts?

Comments

• Hi @MKingery I apologize that this issue got missed. Have you registered your forum with Facebook correctly? The instructions for doing so are available here: http://battlebears.cl0.vanillaforums.com/dashboard/settings/facebook

Let us know if you continue to have issues after checking that.
  • The issue is probably related to your pre-migration domain stub (cl0). Let me check a few things and I'll see if I can move your migration up to today and get that fixed.
  • sorry for not following up, but i got it fixed. weird thing was it broke overnight w/o me changing anything.

to fix it i changed my secret key in vanilla to something bogus (and wrong) turned it off, turned it on, and reset my secret key.

that seems to have fixed it. Hope the steps i took help
This discussion has been closed.