Service Status - Check out the Status Dashboard for service availability information.

Where are the share buttons (Twitter, Facebook, EMail, etc.) that appear under posts?

bjornsonbjornson Member
edited January 2012 in Questions
How do you get the different share buttons (Twitter, Facebook, EMail, etc.) to appear under posts and comments?

Comments

• LincolnLincoln Staff
    edited January 2012
    Howdy @bjornson, that's a plugin that isn't available on the free plan.
  • Is it available for the pro plan???? Share with Facebook would be cool. Does it play friendly with embedded forums?
  • Thanks for the answer Lincoln. Is it available on the Small Business plan or only on the Enterprise package?
  • Yes, it is available on all paid plans. Apologies for losing track of this discussion. I presume it works fine with the embed functions, Horton. Let me know if either of you would like it enabled and I'll do so.
  • If it is on my dashboard ... better that I enable it but I do not see it.
  • @Horton It's a hidden plugin. It's available as in "it's there behind the scenes and I can turn it on for you."
  • will lets give it a try. Worst case we turn it back off.
  • OK, the Share This plugin has been enabled on your site.
  • Oooo I think that is pretty cool. We will see if my users use it....
  • The placement is sort of odd. It looks as if it is at the top of the second post in the thread. Could it move up?
  • I'll see what I can do, but it would probably take a bit to get that change out. We have a few changes in the pipeline already.
  • Cool - I am going to watch the ShareThis stats to see if I am getting any action from the buttons.
  • Thanks Lincoln! Could you please enabled the function on my page as well? It would be excellent to see it in action :0)
  • Howdy @bjornson, as I said earlier, it's only available on paid plans. Free plans only have access to the plugins that already appear in your Dashboard.
  • Hello Lincoln, This is bjornson using our main account that have switched to a paid account...could you please switch on the social network buttons. I am an admin to this page at http://weowe.cl0.vanillaforums.com/. Do I need to provide any other information?
  • Hi @Destynova, sure, I'm going to have your site moved to our newer infrastructure before turning that on, so I'll let you know as soon as that's done.
  • @Destynova This is done and I followed up with you via email.
  • @lincoln

I love the idea but I am not getting much action from ShareThis. Can we disable it for now?
  • @Horton Sure, done.
  • Hi Lincoln - The FB share buttons are no longer available - is this normal?

The FB Add-on is enabled, but the forum does not provide users with an option to share a post.

Thank you for looking into this.

M
  • Please disregard / delete comment above - figured it out - Need to register with Sharethis.
  • @Destynova OK, glad you got it sorted!
This discussion has been closed.