Vanilla helps organizations build online communities that are used by millions of people woldwide. What we do makes the internet more diverse, more useful and more fun. We're looking for passionate, hard working people who want to help us fulfill our mission. We offer a casual work environment, health benefits, free snacks and a job that you'll love!
Application Developer (PHP, MySQL)
Vanilla is looking for a talented application developer who wants to join a profitable and rapidly growing SaaS startup. We have the best forum product on the market, an incredible list of customers to match, and we're looking for someone to help us move that product forward.
We’re a highly collaborative team of people that love what we do. Our open office format allows us to talk through solutions and brainstorm often, and we’re looking for someone that will actively contribute in that kind of environment.
We love technology, and we’re always on the lookout for new tools and ideas to enhance our product and processes. If you’re someone that loves to spend your free time reading developer blogs or hacking on a new API, you’ll be in good company.
- Contribute to Vanilla’s product roadmap by building new features and fixing bugs
- Write addons and implement customizations for our clients
- Produce code that can support and withstand millions of users
- Interact with customers to gather requirements and set expectations
- Experience with PHP and MySQL in a *nix environment
- Comfortable on the command line
- Familiar with, and proponent of, modern source control (we use Git)
- Understanding of client/server architecture, especially as it relates to the web
- Relevant post secondary education, or equivalent industry experience
Tools you'll use:
- Redis / Riak / Zookeeper
- Work Queues
Bonus Experience / Interests:
- Product integrations
- Mobile applications
Vanilla helps organizations build unique online communities that are used by millions of people each month. What we do makes the internet more diverse, more useful and more fun. We're looking for passionate, hard working people who want to help us reinvent community forum software. We offer a casual work environment, health benefits, Mac gear, free snacks and a job that you'll love!
Contact us today!
All positions are based in our Montreal, Quebec offices.
If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment with fun, enthusiastic and passionate team of professionals dedicated to delivering the highest level of personalized customer service, contact us today!
Send your resume to: